This school year is starting out unlike any other but we can still have some normalcy in our lives! Presenting "school portraits" for your kids, Saturday November 19th and Saturday October 3rd at our studio in downtown Hampton. Sessions are $50 and that will include a package of one 8x10 and two 5x7s. Add-ons and additional packages will be available for purchase. Parents will have a choice between a fall-themed and a neutral background. Schedule here! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4babab29a57-anne
Congratulations! You've got a growing bump and you're thinking about some maternity portraits to capture this fleeting time in your life. Here are some tips to make it amazing!
1. Decide if you want to do studio or outdoor portraits. Each has it's own charms; you just have to decide which is more "you!" And of course if want to do portraits in a studio choose a photographer that has one (many photographers work on-location only).
2. Wondering if you should have your spouse/partner be a part of the session? What about your old kids? It can be all about you (you are about to give birth after all) or you can incorporate the rest of your family too!
3. When should you do your maternity session? When you are 7-8 months pregnant is idea; you are big enough to have a nice bump but not so far along that you are totally exhausted and it shows.
4. What should I wear? Fitted clothes that show off your bump are always good; maternity gowns are another wonderful choice; you can expose your belly, or not! (We have lots of gowns at Anne Companion Photography!).
Consider professional hair and makeup. You want to look your very best for your photo shoot so why not let a professional enhance your best features and make you feel gorgeous!
And of course stay cool and rested the day of your photo shoot! (bonus tip).
Congratulations on your new baby! You've seen those sweet images of newborns and want to get some of those portraits for your baby too. But when? Where? What should you bring? Here are some tips! 1. Newborns do best when they are under 2 weeks old; older than that and they start being more awake and harder to settle for those sweet, curled-up portraits.
2. Where should we do them? Some photographers (like me) have a studio that's set up for newborn portraits with blankets, wraps, and props. Other photographers specialize in in-home "lifestyle" portraits for your newborn. Which do you prefer? 3. What should we bring? Items such as blankets and stuffed animals personalize the session and make it meaningful to you. But at Anne Companion Photography we also have everything you need for a successful newborn session. Just bring the baby! 4. How long will the session take? Newborn sessions can take 2-3 hours, depending on how well the baby sleeps and whether they are fussy and calm. Awake and calm is fine for portraits too! 5. Can we do a family portrait too? You should! Mom, Dad, baby, siblings all together make for a wonderful portrait. See some samples below!